Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Wish My Company Didn't Have So Many Opportunities


I am happy to work here at Zurich, but I have noticed a problem. An odd problem to be sure. And to many, not a problem at all. We have lots of opportunites within the company. People can move to positions inside the company to work on new things, make more money, or move to a different part of the country (or the world). But this has come back to nip me in the hiney - my Team Manager has just accepted a move that is upward and over - out of our group/department. Darn it! We develop some very skilled people - and they move out (and up). I suppose it is selfish of me to want my boss to stick around because I enjoy working for her... darn all this upward mobility anyway!

4 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

And I respond with a swift...

SHUT UP!

:]

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No point in continuing to kiss your boss's *ss now.

6:58 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

*ss kissing does't work in my group - too much work, and too quantifiable. Brown nosers have to go into something less measurable, heh heh.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate having to break in a new boss. You have my sympathy.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?